Being the procrastinator that I am when it comes to photographing projects, I have created quite the backlog. Rather than going in chronological order, I’ve decided to skip around and share some of my more recent makes. I made this top about 3 weeks ago.
I’d been saving this knit polka dot material for a Hummingbird top since I bought it at a thrift store a couple of months ago. It came in a $1 bag with mostly 1/2 yard cuts of material. I had a little more than half a yard to work with, but I was determined to make it work. Happily, I was able to just squeeze all the pattern pieces onto the material.
I was careful not to stretch the neckline out, but there must’ve been too much stretch in my material because my top was huge and gaping in the front when I first finished sewing. In order to save the top, I sewed a seam down the center front and made it into a v-neck. On the two subsequent versions that I’ve made, I didn’t have as much trouble with the neckline gaping. However, I did end up having to take the side seams in a bit on the other two versions. For those who want to know, I cut a 35″ bust, 26.5″ waist and 17″ bodice length.
My four younger sisters (I’m the oldest of five girls) sent me that necklace a couple of weeks ago. Aren’t they the sweetest?! They were out shopping together and said they thought of me when they saw this necklace. It makes me feel like I was a part of their sister day from afar. 🙂 My siblings are the best!
I have two other Hummingbird tops and a denim Hummingbird skirt to share. I also whipped up two more Kelly skirts because they’re so easy to make and wear. It’s time to kick my butt into gear and catch up on taking photos.
I’ve had a Bombshell swimsuit finished for about two weeks, and I’m getting ready to take some photos of it. So, that’s next on my list of posts. I’m apprehensive about posting pictures of myself in a swimsuit on the internet, so I’ll probably just post pictures of the suit flat, or something.