- My name is Becca. I am a seamstress and a writer, with a love of all things creative. This blog is a collection of all my creative endeavors and things that I find inspiring. Thanks for reading!
Find Me On
A Note About NavigationThis blog covers a range of topics, but you can separate the content of the blog, based on your interests by clicking the buttons in the menu below the header. For example, if you want to view only sewing related posts, simply click the Sewing & Crafting button. You may also subscribe to individual sections of the blog using the links below. For example, if you sign up for the sewing & crafting section, you will receive only updates from that section.
- Travel Roll Organizers with Detachable Pouches
- Christmas Selfless Sewing & End of 2016 Road Trip
- Three Verity Hacks: Maxi Skirt, Crop Top & Button Tab Cowl
- Maker Versions of Verity – Round 1
- Floral Micro Cord Alder Shirtdress
- SBA for Verity Bodice (or Any Gathered Bodice)
- Verity Plus Size Range XL-8X Now Available
- Purple Plaid Archer Button Up Shirt
- Two Plaid Shirts From Thrifted Dress
- Verity Re-launch & Peter Pan Collar Add-on
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- February 2014
- January 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
Copyright NoticeThis blog and all the content found within is my property. You can use images or ideas if you'd like, but please let me know, and link back to this blog. Please do not copy or redistribute this blog design, or any of the images or content found here, without my permission. Thanks, Rebecca Burt, owner Becca's Creative Notions 2011
Contact MeFeel free to email me with questions or just to chat. :) moxiepatterns at gmail DoT com
Tag Archives: knit dress pattern
The plus size range of the Verity pattern is now available! I received some wonderful feedback from testers, and I made some improvements that I hope will make this a pattern that people love to use and reuse. I will have a post with pictures from some lovely testers soon.
This pattern can be used to make a dress or a shirt, with sleeves or without, and it has several collar options: split cowl, regular cowl, neckband, and now a Peter Pan collar add-on. The Peter Pan collar add-on is included for free with every purchase of this pattern for a limited time. For more details and photos of the pattern variations, please see this page.
Some notes about the pattern:
– All sizes are graded out from a sample block (size 4X) that was drafted specifically for a plus size figure.
– The pattern is drafted for C-D pattern cup size (3″-4″ difference between high bust and full bust) and a height of 5’6″.
– If you are between sizes, I would suggest going with the smaller size if you prefer a more fitted look.
-If you are shorter than or taller than 5’6″, you may need to shorten or lengthen the pattern pieces accordingly. However, everyone’s body is different, so you might be 5’6″ but have a short torso, for example, or 5’4″ with a long torso. There is a detailed pattern piece measurement chart included in the instructions. This should help you know what adjustments will need to be made for your height, etc. The measurement chart also includes armhole and bicep measurements. I include those measurements for ease of pattern adjustments.
Everything had to be just right. So, I had to add more details, double and triple (and quadruple ;)) check measurements and instructions, and work out a few more kinks than I originally anticipated.
The pattern and instructions come in PDF form. You will receive a tiled version (Letter &A4 format) and copy shop version of the pattern (36×80 for large format printers).
The instruction document provides cutting layouts, detailed assembly instructions with photos, short and sweet versions of instructions for experienced sewers, sewing tips and suggestions, a detailed pattern measurement breakdown and metric conversions of the measurement chart. Continue reading