Using the first draft of the bodice muslin for my open back sundress, I made another dress.
For the skirt, I used a red-ish burgundy, double-knit that I found on my trip to G Street Fabrics a couple of weeks ago. I wanted this dress to have a more form-fitting skirt, just for a change of pace.
I found those creamy white, cut-out flats at a thrift store. Normally, I would have a hard time buying something like shoes at a thrift store, but they were new with the tag on them.
I made a lining for the bodice out of the same floral cotton, because the material was a bit see-through.
Just for your amusement, and to expose my fear of bees and wasps. That is a hornet in this picture on the left, flying toward my right arm. I was trying not to react as the camera timer was about to go off, but as you can see, I was struggling not to move. I clenched my teeth so hard that I got a cramp in my neck.
The second muslin that I made, I used the flower and butterfly knit below. The pattern I used to make this dress is perfectly usable.
Now, at the end of the process of creating my own open back dress, I have three dresses.
Some of the pictures of the butterfly floral dress are from a trip to Richmond a little over a month ago. My husband and his father were going to a NASCAR race, and my mother-in-law and I decided to tag along and make a nice little trip out of it. We explored the state Capital and a part of the National Battlefield Park.