Red and blue striped dress with chevron
This reconstruction is one of my favorites so far. The dress started out as the dress below, which was likely from the 80s.
The bodice had to be taken in on the sides as well, and no armholes fashioned. Since I shortened the bodice portion of the dress, the pockets had to be shortened proportionally. I kept the same pocket shape, but just moved the bottom of the pockets up about an inch.
Since I wanted to have a nice fit, a zipper had to be added. I decided to add an invisible zipper at one side of the dress. When I took the skirt in, I left one of the adjusted side seams open to accommodate the side zipper.
The skirt pieces had to be gathered slightly to match up with the bodice pieces.
With the top and bottom pieces sewn together, I sewed up one side of the dress. Then, I added the invisible zipper to the other side.
All that remained were the finishing touches. I finished the hem and armholes.
The belt is the perfect addition to this dress. It’s one of the reasons the dress stood out to me at the thrift store. I believe I paid about $2 for this dress, and honestly, I probably would’ve paid that just for the belt.
I also wanted to share this cute little lace number that I found at the thrift store last week.
By the way, we accepted a counter offer on the house last week, and are waiting for the seller to sign all of the papers and make the contract official. We’re dealing with a bank because the house is a foreclosure, so everything is moving even slower than usual. I will share a picture and some information about the house with you all once I know we’ve actually got it.
I will also start sharing some of our ideas for the house, and things from my inspiration book. Hopefully once we move in and start the renovation process, I’ll have a new blog set up with a section just for that topic.
I hope you all have had a great week. Mine started out with a nice bouquet of roses for Valentine’s Day.
I love getting flowers!