A few months back, I found the vintage dress pictured below.
I’m not sure why I snatched it up so fast at the thrift store, because the dress went immediately into my “maybe later” pile. And there it remained for many months, while I continued to glance at it and say, “maybe later.”
Since I hadn’t sewn any clothing in a while, I was up for a challenge last week. So I pulled this dress out of the box, and put my brain to work.
I liked the smocking at the waist, but it was stretched out and coming apart in several places. So, one of my first steps was to separate the skirt from the bodice.
So I placed the yoke in the appropriate position on the bodice (taking seam allowances into account), and cut the top of the bodice away from the lower half.
So, here’s the completed “lace and geometry” dress.
I wore this dress out for hubby’s birthday dinner on Friday night. We had a wonderful time celebrating. I am so blessed to have the most amazing, handsome, and brilliant man in the world to spend my life with.
I made him a tool roll to hold his hundreds of different Allen wrenches. He has many duplicates, because he either can’t find the ones that he has, or doesn’t have them with him when he needs them. His new tool roll is small, portable, and even has his company logo on it. So, he can take a variety of wrenches with him when he goes on business trips to do machine installs, etc.
Anyway, I’ll probably post a tutorial for the tool roll in the near future. I’ll post the picture of it then too. I’m embarrassed because I stitched his company logo wrong, so I’ll have to open it up and re-stitch the logo before I can post the picture. ;P