I’m back! Since I’ve been away for many months, I am essentially re-launching my blog. It will take a long post to recap the events of the past few months, but it would seem strange not to share them. For those who are interested, the following is a summation of the events in my life since September.
Every thrift store has unique little tea plates that are missing their tea cups, or just charming, ornamental plates.
These stores also have an array of glass lampshades from discarded light fixtures.
So I thought to myself, why not combine these two readily available items to make inexpensive and unique pots?
I can feel my spirits lifting when I walk into this room. The process was long and arduous, but worth it.
So, here’s what the project entailed…
When I saw this old picnic basket in the thrift store last week, it beckoned me to snatch it up and make it into a new home for some flowers.
At first, I wanted to put some daisies in it (I am inexplicably drawn to daisies—all the time), but I decided to go against my natural inclination. I put a combination of plants with different leaves, colors, and heights into the basket.
We’re making progress here and there on the kitchen. We measured and planned out the cabinet boxes…Then, we constructed the cabinet boxes for one side of the kitchen, sans the facings. I even helped with cutting the wood, and I got to use the nail gun a few times…The first thing I made on the stove was peanut chicken…If you’re curious, here’s how to make this dish…
I’m not letting it replace the other things I like to do, but I will definitely make an allotted time for it each day.
I may be new to it, and it will probably take a bit of time before I’m any good at it. However, from the small amount that I’ve done, I thoroughly enjoy getting dirty and nurturing plants. I don’t even mind most of the bugs, and believe it or not, I like weeding.
Alex and I have been enjoying working on the new kitchen together. I love learning new things, and he’s been teaching me as we go along. I learned all about the electrical and the plumbing as he worked on the new kitchen walls…After all of the wiring was done for this wall, Alex and I measured, cut and hung the sheetrock.
Anyway, although I haven’t posted anything new about the house in the past few weeks, we have been busy. In an attempt to curb the urge to post one update of an absurd length, I will post at least two separate updates about different areas of the house. We’ll start with the bedrooms.