This is the sleeveless and cowl-less variation of my Verity dress/shirt pattern. I cut this one out before I made the changes to the pattern that I noted with this version from earlier this summer. That’s why the bodice is still too short. Oh, well. Who cares? I still like it. 🙂
The dress has a flared skirt, just like the first one. This time, since I was working with a striped fabric, I decided to make a chevron on the front and back seams. I should have let the fabric settle before hemming the dress, but I didn’t think about it. I sure have been throwin’ out a lot of “shoulda, coulda, woulda’s” lately.
I made the chevron point down instead of up. Why? I just like to be contrary sometimes. 😛
Oh, before we go any further, I should point out that I’m aware of the spots on the dress in all of the pictures. Sorry to disappoint, but I didn’t pee my dress (I suppose you have deduced that I’m a female, so you’d have to wonder how I would’ve managed that anyway.). You see, I have this drinking problem…
I could’ve topstitched the armhole binding down, but I opted for handstitching. I like the way topstitching looks too, but I was in an unusual mood to hand stitch. Besides, I handstitched the hem, as well. So everything looks nice and clean on the outside.
I’m really starting to LOVE working with stripes. It takes extra effort to carefully cut the fabric out and match the stripes when sewing, but it’s so worth it. I suppose I’m shedding some of my sewing laziness and molting into a new and improved seamstress. 😀