The fall(ish) weather means I can finally wear this Grainline Archer shirt comfortably again. I say fall weather, but I use that term so loosely….It’s seriously still been fluctuating into the high 80s here! My Morning Glories literally just started blooming yesterday morning. Last year they were blooming at the beginning of September. :o)
Anyway, I made this shirt last fall, using some thrifted material that I found several years ago.
This shirt was a labor of love.
When I first sewed it up, I basically had to take the shirt apart and re-cut every piece, particularly in the armhole and shoulder area. I also had to take the side seams in a lot because the shirt ended up way too loose for my figure. I can handle a little bit of a relaxed fit nowadays, but I looked like I was wearing a shirt meant for my husband (who is 6′ and wears a men’s L-XL) when i first finished this one.
I chose my size between my high and full bust measurement (size 4), knowing I would want it to be slightly more fitted at the top. Then, I went down to a 2 at the waist, and faded out into a size 12 at the hips (since my hips measure around 43″ and the finished garment hip measurement for size 12 is listed at 44″. I figured I probably should have done an FBA before cutting into the fabric, but this was a muslin and I was feeling lazy. Surprisingly, it was still super loose and way too big in the armhole and shoulders (yes, that shoulder seam was sitting even further down my arm (>_<).